Personal information generally includes any information about an identifiable living individual or from which a living individual could reasonably be identified, but with exception for information which is publicly available. Generally, the type of personal information we may seek to collect from you includes your name, address, location and contact information.
3. Collecting your personal information
We will only seek to collect personal information that is necessary for us to efficiently or effectively carry out the services we offer. This will generally include use of your personal information for the following purposes:
- dealing with your enquiries and requests;
- enabling us to communicate with you for any purpose;
- liaising with our Partners in relation to your access to, and use of, their solutions;
- creating and maintaining a relationship with you as a client;
- providing you with our services;
- administering our contracts and enforcing our rights, entitlements and interests under such contracts;
- conducting research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- ascertaining your credit worthiness as a client and obtaining credit statements and/or reports on your behalf;
- enabling us to notify any credit agency of any application for credit or default in the observance of any obligation under any agreement you may have with us and enabling us to provide such personal information to any credit agency;
- improving the services that we provide to you;
- marketing our services to you;
- keeping you updated and informed about the services we offer on channels, including but not limited to email, app and social media; and/or
- undertaking data analytics, insights and data mining (including aggregation or and anonymisation of your personal information) to identify patterns and trends.
Where possible, our preference is to collect your personal information from you directly. This will generally be done through your use of our website or through direct contact with us.
You are not required to provide us with your personal information, however without it, we would be restricted both in what services we can offer to you and the quality of the services we can offer, and you may not be able to access all functions on our website or utilise certain services.
4. Website cookies and tracking
Through use of our website and/or social media pages, we may also capture IP details and “cookies” from you. A cookie is a small piece of data that a website sends to your browser that may be stored on your system. These cookies may collect anonymous information from your computer, used and combined with passively collected information and allow us to:
- remember important information that will make future visits more useful; and
- ensure promoted content and advertising is targeted and more relevant you.
You may use the various options on your browser to warn you each time a cookie is being sent. You can also turn cookies off at any time. However, in doing so you will restrict the access you might have to some of the features available on our website.
5. Using your personal information
When you consent to receive marketing communications from us, your personal information will be added to our database and you agree to receive messages from us including but not limited to email, and text message depending on what information you provide us.
Your personal information will be disclosed only to those persons who require the information for such purposes. Such persons will generally include our staff. We may also disclose your personal information to any service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as sending communications to you or for marketing purposes.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties if such disclosure is in accordance with the purpose in which the information was collected. We will otherwise only disclose your personal information with your consent or if required or authorised by law.
Where your personal information is disclosed to third parties, we will take all reasonable steps to require that those third parties comply with the Privacy Act, store your information securely, and not use your personal information in any way other than to perform their required duties or services. You are entitled to:
- access your personal information; and/or
- request that your personal information be corrected or erased,
please contact us if you would like to do so.
6. Storing your personal information
We will safely store your personal information. We will retain it only for so long as it may be required by us, or as otherwise required by law.
We may engage the services of a specialised agency to store or destroy your personal information on our behalf. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such agencies comply with the Privacy Act.
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. Although we have appropriate safeguards in place and we do everything that is reasonably within our power to prevent unauthorised use or unauthorised disclosure of the information we receive from you, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us. You provide your personal information at your own risk and we will not be liable for any unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information in that respect.
Alternatively, a complaint can be made directly to the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.